Well Hello There My Beautiful #RedCarpetCurlsRoyalty,
Welcome back to the website! If you are new, welcome to Red Carpet Curls, your new haircare home. Make sure to subscribe to the website to have FULL access to all the content I create for you including blog posts, reviews, podcast episodes, and Youtube Tutorials.
Shopping for Curly Girl Method Approved products in big box stores like Target and Walmart can feel immensely overwhelming. There are just so many product options and so many labels to learn how to read. When following the Curly Girl Method sulfates, silicones, and parabens are always to be avoided. When you are new to the method and reading labels, it can feel frustrating, wasteful, and discouraging.
That is why I put together this list using the Suave website as well as the Target and Walmart websites to help you begin your search for affordable CGM-approved products from your local stores. If you can’t find them in-store, then you can just click the link below to have them delivered. Now, that’s CGM done easily and effortlessly!
Please note the products listed below are the current selection (as of March 2022) Suave offers according to their website. Some older products have been discontinued. Please remember new products come out all the time, and most importantly, product labels change! So, always be vigilant about ingredients.
I also pointed out if any products contain what’s known as the Itchy M’s, which can affect sensitive scalps. You can read more about Itchy M’s by clicking here.
Without further ado, let’s get to what you all really came here for, let’s find out which Suave Hair Products are Curly Girl Method approved.
- Suave Pink Shampoo Vivid Color for Color Treated Hair Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Shampoo Sulfate-Free Shea Butter and Coconut Oil
- Suave Kids’ 100% Natural Shea Butter 3-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner & Body Wash
- Suave Luscious Curls Shampoo for Curly Hair
- Suave Smooth Performer Shampoo with Amino Acid Strengthening Complex
- Suave Pomegranate Gentle Clean Shampoo
- Suave Avocado Repairing Shampoo
- Suave Naturally Derived Papaya Volumizing Shampoo
- Suave Naturally Derived Coconut Hydrating Shampoo
- Suave Sulfate-Free Shine Shampoo with Cactus Flower Shine
Please note all products containing this symbol (*) mean it contains the Itchy M’s. If you have a sensitive or dry scalp avoid using it if a reaction develops.
- Suave Essentials Conditioner Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner *
- Suave Essentials Ocean Breeze Conditioner *
- Suave Essentials Daily Clarifying Conditioner *
- Suave Essentials Aloe & Waterlily Conditioner *
- Suave Essentials Nourishing Conditioner for Dry Hair Tropical Coconut *
- Suave Essentials Juicy Green Apple Conditioner *
- Suave Naturals Conditioner, Refreshing Waterfall Mist *
- Suave Essentials Conditioner Strawberry *
- Suave Shine Conditioner with Cactus Flower
- Suave Pomegranate Gentle Clean Conditioner
- Suave Naturally Derived Coconut Hydrating Conditioner
- Suave Avocado Repairing Conditioner
- Suave Naturally Derived Papaya Volumizing Conditioner
Please note this product contains drying alcohols, you can combat dryness with extra conditioning
Please remember when used correctly, oil can greatly benefit the hair in shine, length retention, and softness. If you are new to Oil please click here to read more about the differences between Moisturizing V.S. Sealing Oil.
- Suave Professional Scalp & Hair Oil With Castor Oil & Mango Butter
- Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Define and Shine Gel Serum
Please note this product contains drying alcohols, to combat this effect you may need to condition it more often.