My Beautiful #RedCarpetCurlsRoyalty,
Shopping for products in big box stores such as Target and Walmart can be overwhelming with so many options. It can be especially confusing when you are new to the Curly Girl Method and reading ingredient labels.
All products listed follows the basic core principles of the Curly Girl Method. Absolutely no sulfates, silicones, and parabens.
Disclaimer: As of May 2020, these are the current Suave products considered to be CGM approved. Please remember supplies vary throughout different stores. As well as product re-formulations happen, so always do a final labels check. Please remember just because these products do not the three types of ingredients listed above does not mean these products are the most natural. You can still experience itchy scalp due to the Itchy M’s found in many of the conditioners. If you want completely all-natural and organic problems, you will have to look for that online from smaller mom-and-pop shops as opposed to big box stores. If you want more information on how to spot bad ingredients on product labels, please click here.
I consider cleansing one of the most important steps in your entire CGM routine, I would not recommend this shampoo as your exclusive shampoo, but for a weekly wash it should do. I would suggest smaller, all-natural brands like Tailored Beauty, Veracious Curls, or Inahsi Naturals.
Remember that rinse-out conditioners are incredibly versatile. They can be used as a rinse-out conditioner (to seal in the moisture in your hair by sealing the cuticle). They can also be used as a co-wash since most conditioners contain cationic surfactants which are used to gently cleanse (similar to a low-poo). These conditioners can also be used as a “deep conditioner” if you run out of your normal deep conditioner. Simply leave it on for 20-30 minutes, adding heat greatly helps this process as well.
- Suave Essentials Tropical Coconut Infused With Coconut Extract & Vitamin E Conditioner
- Suave Essentials Juicy Green Apple Conditioner
- Suave Essentials Shine Conditioner Wild Cherry Blossom
- Suave Naturals Conditioner Refreshing Waterfall Mist
- Suave Essentials Everlasting Sunshine Conditioner
- Suave Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze Conditioner
- Suave Essentials Hair Conditioner, Daily Clarifying
- Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner
- Suave Professionals Biobasics Conditioner
- Suave Naturals Pomegranate Splash Conditioner
- Suave Essentials Sun-Ripened Strawberry Conditioner
- Suave Naturals Aloe & Waterlily Conditioner
You do not have to specifically use products marketed toward children on your children. A regular conditioner and water will work fine. If you want to keep it even more all-natural you can try aloe vera juice and water in a spray bottle,that will work as a natural leave in conditioner and refresh spray.
Did I miss any? Comment them below so I can add it to the list! Thank you in advance for your contribution!